The General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") becomes enforceable on May 25, 2018. The GDPR is a new European regulation that seeks to harmonize privacy, data protection, and security standards across the European Union. The Regulation contains robust new protections for European citizens and businesses and imposes a number of new requirements on those who process their personal information.
The full text of the GDPR can be found here
. What is Dial Peer doing?
Dial Peer has taken a number of steps to ensure that our platform is GDPR-compliant, including:
• We have a core data protection team in place. This team is made up of senior members of the Legal, Information Security, Technology, and Corporate IT departments.
• We've taken an even harder look at exactly what we're storing and where we're storing it, and have taken steps to minimize retention that isn't critical to our business of serving our customers.
• We're providing Bandwidth customers with a Data Processing Agreement confirming that we are processing personal information in compliance with the GDPR.
• We've reviewed all vendors who are processing our customer's personal information and entered into data processing agreements with them, as required by the GDPR.
• Even though the GDPR only applies to personal information of European data subjects, we're applying these standards to ALL customer data that we process. Questions? Get in touch!
Have questions? Want to know more about what Dial Peer is doing to be ready for the GDPR? Feel free to reach out to us
with any questions or to request a copy of our updated addendum form.